View Single Post
Old 2009-01-04, 12:44   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelato_ View Post
I guess we can expect the penguin mafias to run the next crimbo.
Yup, looks likely. Looks like the penguin mafia has successfully staged a takeover of Crimbo.

Quote:
Only on my third ascension run. doing HC run now. Im a TT for the first time, what skill would you suggest i perm at end of this run? i'm considering between Amphibian Sympathy and Tao of the Terrapin. Next run im going one of the moxie class.
No question. Amphibian Sympathy. A passive +5 to familiar weight that requires no mp to fuel it is awesome and does everything for you. When you need stats, you use a volleyball familiar and it will give you stats. When you need items, you use a fairy type familiar and it will increase your item drops. This is one of the best 4 skills in the game.

The other most powerful skills that Turtle Tamers have is Shieldbutt (since it never misses) and Hero of the Half Shell (since it makes Muscle classes nearly indestructible -- Really). After that comes Tao. Tao sounds really great, but when you consider that at low levels double your pants is still only 80 and at higher level there are other things to consider... Damage Absorption of your armor is frequently not the biggest problem you have to overcome. The only place where Tao is especially important is if you decide to challenge Farnswarthy's Dungeon. Otherwise it is a third tier skill.

Moxie classes have some useful skills. A lot of normal core players ignore Accordion Thieves because they can simply ask a buffbot to buff them with an AT song once they're out of ronin. However if you play hardcore or want access to AT songs during your first 1000 turns, then AT is king because their buffs are the most powerful in the game.

Anyway, if you choose Disco Bandit then your perm should be Advanced Cocktailcrafting because those advanced drinks will give you a lot of adventures. If you choose Accordion Thief you'll want either the Phat Loot Lyric for item drop bonus or Moxious Madrigal because +10 Moxie for 2 mp utterly destroys anything that can be encountered during your first few levels and it is helpful throughout a moxie classes run.

Anyway, I just realized I never mentioned my KoL name in this thread. I'm known as Bale. What is your name in the kingdom?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote