View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 10:12   Link #264
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
I imagine they'd be jailed? No? We know from the beast-tamer episode that there is some form of player-run or administered jail. we don't have particulars yet, but we know exists.
That is if they actually got caught in the act. The point of my example is that so these PKer could backstab everyone in the room as they finished fighting the bosses (thus has low HP), return and said "the plan failed, the boss killed everyone". It's a possible scenario regardless of if it actually would work. Anyways, this is not the point of what I said, continuing:

Quote:
I would assume the immediate threat of dying would stop much of that behavior. In addition I think such people would have been wiped out in the opening months. Anyone around a year+ later probably has adjusted (whatever their definition of adjustment is).
You are probably right. But read the bottom part of my post for this.

The point is the front-line fighters couldn't have afforded to accept just anyone to their group. They have to be a rock-solid team with good coordination and team work. And that couldn't have happened with just anyone.

Quote:
The average PK'er is probably preying on the people left in the starter city, or preying on the mid-level players where the threat of overpowered player's coming down and squashing them (a la Kirito in the beast tamer ep) is low. The more powerful PK groups (a la Laughing Coffin) are probably MUCH more careful in who they target.

I hate the LN v. Anime comparisions, because they are so pointless, but the LN did address this. Kirito was the victim of a MPK attempt on day one over something silly.
Exactly my point right? And why wouldn't it happen again?

Anyways, pardon me, but it seems you guys have been talking about risk of PK for Kirito specifically. I misunderstood that part so I've been speaking about the threat of PKs for the general populace, not specific individuals or groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Maybe I'm just naive, but I've always assumed that despite all the people on the internet using violent language or griefing each other in games, crossing the line into actual murder would be somewhat rarer. Especially when having another skilled player on your side may be your only chance of survival and/or escape.
I have faith in humanity that in any kind of situation, someone somewhere can always find a way to be stupid, doing it exceeding all kinds of expectations, and actually numbering in quite a few.