View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 00:30   Link #4735
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Honestly, I think being a King is part of the reason he's so in denial. In Issei's case, he couldn't act like that even if he wanted to, since he became one of Rias's followers. He got included in devil society, got a job and other various responsibilities to fulfill as a devil. Hard to be in denial then.

Compared to Issei, everyone lets Godou do whatever he wants, since he's a King. That gives him the self-indulgence to be as stubborn and in denial as wants.
Speaking of which, I am starting to see Godou's character as underdeveloped compared to Issei. Thirteen volumes into the series, I have yet to see Godou's goal in life. What sort of life does he want to live? What does he want to do after he gets out of school? Instead of saying I want to be normal, he should ask himself what do you wanna be as a normal person? It's hard to picture him becoming a normal salary-man who skips work just to fight gods. He doesn't even ask himself why should he be normal?Is there even a reason he should even be normal?Issei is a better character in comparison because he has already mapped out his future. He plans to become a king, but even after attaining his goal, he would not discard his innate human.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-20 at 00:46.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote