View Single Post
Old 2007-11-03, 19:27   Link #353
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
I think you are mischaracterizing the nature of the conflict in Ireland. Celestial Being can send Gundams around and blow up mobile suits, tanks, bases, etc. The conflict in Ireland is not fought in such open means, it's terrorism/freedom fighting depending on how you want to categorize it. Four Gundams could do nothing to stop fighting in Ireland, so the idea that blowing up Sri Lanka or whatever could convince the IRA to sign a cease fire is preposterous.
Well... I'd have to disagree with you on that. It depends on what's being done. In ancient times, if you rebelled, not only would they kill your family but they'd raze your village as well. I'm not saying CB would or should do that... but if one of them landed in a major centre in NI and just started annihilating everything in site.... remember the old adage "my enemy's enemy is my friend?"

I think the whole purpose of Celestial Being is to polarize the world ... sort of like a counter weight that forces the rest of the world to put aside their differences (if only temporarily).

That said... it's probably a fundamentally flawed strategy that sounds like it'd probably devolve into some huge arms race.
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote