Thread: Sasameki Koto
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-04, 21:02   Link #1
Falkor

Sasameki Koto

strange that there's no thread for this manga...

Manga by IKEDA Takashi and serialized in Comic Alive. It started as a one-shot (or it was meant to be a one-shot), but it ended up becoming serialized. Manga is on-going with 3 volumes so far. Scanlated chapters go up to 8 (2nd chapter of the second volume); the last one was released a few days back.

Coloured pages:

Synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
This is the story of Murasame Sumika and Kazama Ushio, two BFFs with a complicated relationship.

Sumika is madly in love with Ushio, and has been for some time; but Ushio only shows any interest in cutesy girls. Sumika, a card-carrying badass TDB who help run her family's dojo, does not fit this bill even a little. Cue angst, as she is forced to watch from the sidelines as Ushio falls for girl after girl, none of them her. However, it seems that things may take a turn for the better...
NeoSam posted something interesting regarding a possible anime adaptation for this manga. So I decided to give this title another chance, since some scanlated chapters have been available for a while.

a few comments:

* The first chapter of this manga was sleeping for one long year in my hard drive. Did I read it, did I not read it... ? Well, I took this opportunity to spend my little free time on something... was I not surprised to find myself rather pleased and delighted?
* Maybe I should tell you now: this is a yuri title, which has yuri and it deals with yuri.
* I wanted to post some of the more interesting coloured pages, but I'm afraid they would be a bit spoiler-ish.
* a good mix of yuri, comedy and drama (mostly in the first chapter).
* There was something else that I wanted to say... what was it... what was it...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote