View Single Post
Old 2010-05-26, 21:29   Link #1919
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Ironically I like the versions of the characters here more so than the original series.

Asuka for instance. I hated her previous incarnation. I could never sympathize with her, and she never really grew much either as a character as far as I'm concerned. Here at least, she grows, and eventually comes to terms with things. I can't wait to see where they take her next.

The other characters can have the same said of them. I actually found myself caring about the outcome of the final battle. I never cared about any of the characters in the first incarnation.

And as far as Mari is concerned, it's way too early to be judging her worth in the series at this point. Unless you all have time machines that I clearly do not have access too. It's clear that her presence is important because she's coming in from the outside covertly. If there wasn't a LOT more to be explored there I'd be legitimately surprised.

All in all though, these movies so far have done for me what the original couldn't: consistently entertain me, keep me on the edge of my seat, and even move me on occasion.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote