View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 00:28   Link #122
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Jiraiya gave him three incomplete lessons that lasted all of 5 minutes each (of which only one actually amounted to any actual explanation). In the end, he showed Naruto what the technique looked like, then let Naruto replicate the technique however he saw fit. Consequently, whatever Naruto came up with was purely his own, based on his own creativity, and had little to do with Jiraiya's "teachings".
It's called learning by doing. Chakra manipulation, from my POV, is a very internal experience that's very hard to explain in words. Jiraiya can tell Naruto to control and manipulate his chakra in such a way that it does this or that, but he can't really give him a play-by-play. And at the end of the day it really was more about Naruto relying on his own capabilities and creativity to accomplish the task.

At any rate, Naruto had plenty of time to "break the habit" during the three year training.

Quote:
I agree. I've never claimed it wasn't inefficient. Rather, I'd call what Naruto is doing a "Bad Habit" that seriously needs to be broken. But, to call one of Naruto's shining moments "half-assed" is simply false.
Then I got no beef with you there.

Quote:
"Inefficient" does not equal "half-assed".
Eh, I think in some cases it can, but I won't press the issue further.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote