View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 10:06   Link #54
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Oh, God, I'll never be able to look at #2's comedic gluttony the same way again, now that we have an idea of where it comes from.

The peice of information we were missing up until now was, of course, the sharing of the apple between Kanba and Shouma. Once we had that, everything wraps up really perfectly. It only makes sense that Shouma, who once shared Kanba's fate to live, would also want to share his fate in the end, especially if it meant saving Ringo.

The transfer of fate flames really do reference the flames of Scorpio. I probably should have made the connection before, but it wasn't until now that it really was clear to me.

I am really, really pleased with how the show came full circle with the conversation between the two boys outside the house in episode 1.

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Honestly, I was expecting a less cogent finale considering who is at the helm. I'm glad it all scans in the end, although there are still plot points which feel like they were more or less dropped midway through, mostly involving Mario and PotC.

Five goddamned stars. I was glad to be along for the ride with you all.