View Single Post
Old 2015-04-05, 21:57   Link #42
Irenesharda

Well, that was a chaotic as NYC itself. I can definitely tell this was done by the same writer as Trigun when I compare Leonard to Vash. However, I felt this episode was doing a heck of a lot in one episode. We get the show's framing device as letters to the MC's sister. (What is up with Japan and having main characters with blind little sisters in wheelchairs?) He's in NYC which is now called Jerusalem's Lot (not really sure why they needed to change the name since despite the addition of otherworldly creatures, the city's pretty much the same. )

We learn about the MC's mission in the city, we learn about the group he joins and their powers, he learn about our main villain for now I guess? We also see the MCs powers as well and that of course he has an aversion to killing.

However, despite all that goes on, it's still way too confusing and chaotic. I can barely connect with anything because it's moving way too fast.

It looks pretty interesting though, like a weird X-men or something. But they have got to slow down. This breakneck pace does little for character development.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote