View Single Post
Old 2010-12-24, 11:34   Link #2296
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Good to be back to posting, at least for a little while!

Most people seem pretty convinced now that Shannon's chest is fake, either because of Lion or because they think Shannon is able to disguise herself as Kanon. I was pretty convinced too, once it seemed clear that Shannon was Yasu, but this bit has been gnawing at me, so I figured I'd post it, even though it's something small.

Spoiler:

Now, I realize that this is all part of the story Yasu is telling, and that imagining Battler and a telephone pile discussing the size of her boobies wouldn't be the weirdest thing she's done. But, since she's supposed to be think that she's 10 years old here, it feels very off to me. There'd be no reason for her to pad her chest at this point in the story, since presumably, most 10 year old girls in 1980 would be pretty flat. It actually seems to fit with her actually being 13 and looking more developed then she'd be expected to.

I realize this is a silly thing to devote so much time to, and I feel a little goofy now that I've posted it. But, the reasons why Shannon might have an actual chest while Lion doesn't are pretty interesting, especially given the red guts scene near the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
I'll imagine he did. It's not uncommon for people who've suffered so much to come up with their own interpretation of reality, especially when deep regret is involved. But really, what happened then is as much a catbox as Rokkenjima. Unless we get some reds or someone 'opens' it, the truth is anyone's guess.
I think it was interesting that they used that event to explain Nanjo's bond to Kinzo, but didn't touch on Genji. It seems totally possible that he was there, was saved/spared by Kinzo, and would be able to tell the real truth of the event.