View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 13:27   Link #2602
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

OMG, I love this episode. It is so freaking funny! Especially that "scene" that people will probably think is beautiful.

The new characters introduced in this episode were okay and actually pretty funny. It's a shame this episode came out when it did, because another anime (the other nonsensical Fall show that I'm watching) already did the "weird mom" thing about two weeks ago, and did it a lot better in my opinion. As for the jokes in this episode, they were actually pretty good, but I laughed the most at the "fireworks" scene. So freaking funny that scene was (I'm sure it was unintentional), and I just love playing Katy Perry over that scene. Now, I know that people will probably complain that Shu is now a tool of Gai and whatnot, but who the hell cares? The first arc was messy to begin with and wasn't campy enough. This episode was campy as hell. Hopefully, the show will be more consistent from here on out, as I assume the first arc was what the creators meant when they said they wanted to get the cliches out of the way (you know there's a more exciting and coherent way of doing that, right?)

That does make me wonder though, what exactly is Funeral Parlor fighting for? What exactly would happen if GHQ left? Do they have countermeasures for that disease going around or something?

Also, where the hell do you watch the episode previews on the site? I still can't find them.

Oh, and I should point out that yes, there were quite a few stupid moments in the show. Shu can't lay low worth crap, the new bad guy is a football coach, and it was never established that Gai met Arisa before the boat part of the episode (for the plan to work, Gai was either taking a big risk, or he would have had to have seen Arisa before he conducted the boat plan). And yes, I think a bunch of the stuff I laughed at weren't intentionally funny.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-11-24 at 13:59. Reason: Adding details.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote