View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 14:21   Link #13
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Animation Quality: 6, The animation was average, lots of static scenes like most anime, nothing technically outstanding in both 2D and 3D.

Voice Actors: 8, Quite a nice cast, but no one made a significant impact to me.

Script: 2, The script is horrible even if you judge it alone and not as a sequel. Main characters are one dimensional, extremely childish and are all driven by selfish desires. Characters and plot seem to forget and lose their development the very next chapter, especially Mikono who probably went backwards more than anything.

As a sequel they've completely destroyed the original characters, cheapened all the character development and significance of the 12000 year romance. All the heroism, badassery are completely gone, leaving characters who are just bitter over their love lives. None of the main characters care about the worlds that their petty fights are destroying.

Soundtrack: 9, Music is probably the most enjoyable part of the anime, as expected of Yoko Kanno.

Editing: 6, Pacing is abrupt at various times, graphics and soundtrack is ok.

Enjoyment: 3, First half was decent, but Amata and Mikono were cringe worthy, second half is a complete trainwreck.

Emotional Involvement: 5, I guess anger and disappointment is also counted as a form of emotional involvement, and not because it was compelling, but because it was just so bad.

Overall 39/7 = 5.5, It gets an average 'passing mark' only because of music and voice. If I judge it as a story, its probably 3 or below, one of the worst trainwrecks ever.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/