View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 18:07   Link #136
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

everyone thinks that a tragedy would be good. That it would shock their society into giving up their trivial pursuits of make-up and which actor and actress are dating. What the score of a sports team was, political spinsters.

If my state, California, was bombed by nukes who would give a fuck about brad pitt and angelina jole?! Your concern about "oh I need new shoes. These ones are last season" become "how can I protect my family against bandits?". Watching American Idol (or english or australian or where ever it is that you come from) in the evening to kill time becomes making sure you get to shelter before nightfall.

Okay maybe I'm being overly dramatic. But look at New York City. I think it was the summer of 1999. Two years before 9/11. Because of excessive draw during the hottest day of the summer there was a black out. What did the people do? They robbed and vandalised their own neighborhood. Their own communities. Two years later they had another summertime power outage. But this time there were no mobs. Your neighbors weren't robbing the convenience store. They knocked on your door to make sure you were alright. Did you have any candles? They had extra. They took care of eachother.

Having a large scale disaster that rocks the very foundation of your community or even society. 30% of the Japanese population live in or around Tokyo. After 60 missiles hit Tokyo the city and people would never be the same.

When you come close to losing you life or have a close friend/family die you find that your priorities in life are all wrong.

So my point is that all these people want something like this to happen cause they want the society to be changed for the better. But people have to die. Ask those same people to volunteer to be among the slaughtered.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this? In the show they were talking about going to the post war era. What caused the post war era? 2 nuclear bombs.

Sorry I was up all night and I can't really think straight. I don't even know if the about writing makes any sense.