View Single Post
Old 2008-09-19, 19:45   Link #34
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just wondering what everyone's opinion on the feds response to this whole mess this year?

other then the bear stern bailout i really can't fault how Paulson and Bernanke on how they handle all this crap. I see a lot of critisms on both these guys but i haven't heard of anyone offer a better solution.
I applaud it. This is what I wanted to hear and see, not candidates offering economic plans that may or may not happen sometime next year. This is the kind of action we need now, and the steps are pretty dramatic.

I do see people complaining about it, but it's something like having a cut. Would you rather pour alcohol on it to clean it and have it sting like crazy, or wait until the cut is infected and really starts to hurt?

The speech reminded me a bit of a tabula rasa approach (the government is basically spend a lot of reserve money to eat the debts), but no matter what the taxpayer is taking a hit. I'd rather it be as a result of the path to getting this mess fixed than it be because the financial system is collapsing.