Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-10, 00:34   Link #5360
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Looks like I may have to go back to the library and check up on history. TV is not always accurate, but the majority are pointing at christianity as just as evil in the past. (Those who don't believe in god or don't fear god would be treated as heretics and killed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was used as an excuse for the Salem witch hunts.)
The biggest IvC conflict is still the best known Crusades. Both sides attempt to spread their influences throughout Europe in the name of the same ideology (though interpreted in different means). Though insulting but true, the individual religions' choices of headdresses have pretty much shown the level of their intelligence via their lack of fashion sense.
Quote:
Problem is christianity has currently gone soft, not raising a finger to defend themselves preaching nonviolence while 3/4 of the muslims assume that everyone else (including their own who believe in other religions should not exist. I would go along the lines of a holy war and not a civil war because I don't see anything civil between 2 religions. Also it's going to be those who don't actually follow religion who might get in the way if there's a holy war.
IMHPOV, I feel that it is due to the moderation in which the Christians have taken their religion. If you read carefully, despite all the differences, the Torah, Bible and Quran are all telling the same story, just that it is in different languages and probably, from different points of view. It is only sensible thinking that these stories about God/Allah, Ali Talib/Moses, etc are just fairy tales and not to be taken to the serious extent.

If there is a forcible need for a religion, I would choose Haruhiism. A boring world must be destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I'm expecting 2011 to be the start of the bust cycle for China, though. There is a lot of money going into that country now for it to drop this year.
Not that early. China is still loaning out the USDs they have stored due to its current volatility and depreciation in value. Once they have traded out all their USDs, they would be at a trade disadvantage due to the significantly lower value and exrate of the RMB.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.