Thread: Licensed Katanagatari
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-27, 20:29   Link #1120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You seem to be looking at her as a hero, in which case she is boring, I suppose. I saw her a villain though. I don't think there's much implication that she's going to stay on Togame/Shichika's side all the way through. Even if she's not outright against them though, she's amoral enough to get in their way, perhaps.

I certainly don't see her as removing the series of tension though, because she's not nice enough to be considered harmless to her "allies". It's more like making a deal with the devil than getting a reliable ally.
Yeah I definitely got this 'final boss' feeling from her. Can almost see why the island would be kept deserted (other than the whole exile thing). Imagine if she was traveling around the world freely. She can just pick up any move and completely master it after seeing it twice. Only way to beat her would be to hit her with some super move before she could even react to it. Of course the point is with taking in that one move she can now cross to the mainland by herself. The more she travels the more the moves will stack on making her pretty much invincible.

While she's not a villain at this point, she certainly isn't the type you'd trust as an ally. I mean to stop Shichika's nailbiting habit she ripped them out . Effective I grant you, but kind of horrifying at the same time. With that line she will definitely be part of events and with her personality you just don't know what she might end up doing out there.