View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 15:11   Link #178
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A good reason for her to be so competent? She's the leader of the antagonists. If you want villains to be taken seriously as a threat, make them competent. If not them, then at least their leader. A competent villain who has a chance of actually winning will be taken much more seriously than one who has no chance of winning.
I'm not satisfied with villains that appear out of thin air. I want antagonists that were born or created somehow. REAL people need real origins.

If these Huckebein were all modern mages or non-mages who got infected, what planet did they come from? Was it an Administered World, or not?

How did they find each other? Who taught them how to fight?

DO they know how to fight, or are their abilties largely instinctual and reflexive, so that they can get by on sheer brute power?

As for Starlight Breaker not being suited for personal combat, I'll note that Nanoha and Fate RAN the moment she started casting it, and they ran FAR. If Reinforce could keep using it, she could have kept them at bay at a distance, where they didn't have a hope of defeating her, and then just hammer them with impunity until they're dead.

So why didn't she? Heck, even Diabolic Emission should have been available, or Ragnarok Breaker, if Starlight Breaker really DID get burned out of her pages.

I'd gripe about how using Absorption on Fate doesn't really make sense, but this isn't the thread for it.