View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 10:38   Link #30199
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The same qualities involving the age~name connection you're making and the mystery novel connection you're making apply to the link between Ikuko and Yasu as much as the link between Battler and Touya.

I don't see random=Touya's coincidental traits as any less plausible than Battler=Touya being found by a random, wealthy, hermit mystery writer with a vague past who likes to write anonymously, has an inclination to take random amnesiacs she picks off the street into her family (without contacting any authorities), and happens to have a name to match the age of Yasu.
wealthy - quite disputable. Yasu was never shown as making use of her wealth as a way to live a comfortable life as Ikuko does. In addition Ikuko isn't particularly wealthy herself, she just receives money from her wealthy family.
In the end on this point she is a lot more similar to Ange than to Yasu.

hermit - Yasu doesn't qualify as an hermit anymore than Jessica did. And it wasn't by her choice anyway, unlike Ikuko.

write anonymously - nowhere it is said that she wrote her books anonymously before meeting Battler. And even after that she wrote many books with her pen name. It's as if you said that Van Dine wrote books anonymously.

picks amnesiacs from the streets - where's the relation?

vague past - her family situation was described, even if vague. It doesn't match with Yasu's. You can't say that "her past might be a lie" and then claim that the postulated lack of info on her background thereof is a coincidence.

At any rate it seems to me your arguments are similar to those who try to argue that work A is a rip off of work B pointing all the similarities, and omitting to mention all the differences.

There are a lot of things that do not match between what we know about Ikuko and what we know about Yasu, and you need to call them lies to make your theory work. But between Tohya and Battler, their stories are completely compatible.

Quote:
I've implied it already, rather clearly in my opinion. It's the same reason Kinzo wanted Beatrice II to be Beatrice I. Yasu refuses to accept that Battler is dead and is trying to "resurrect" him.
It's an entirely postulated reason, and as you said, even if it was true it didn't work.

What makes it better than a "Ikuko wanted Ange to believe that her brother is still alive"?

Quote:
Or what if she actually wants to support Touya meeting Yukari simply because she genuinely wants to support "Battler"? Remember, it's all predicated on her own "magic" delusion of Touya actually being Battler as well.
He's not Battler, you said it yourself. At this point she should have given up on that. And yet it is implied that they are a couple.

But I think there is a very big problem in your whole theory. Why would Ikuko call him Tohya rather than Battler? Kinzo called Beatrice's daughter like her mother, I think that's really the least you would expect from someone who wants to think a person as another one.

It's as if she helped him in creating a different personality for himself.

Additionally. If she found an amnesiac to mold as she pleases, wouldn't it have been a lot easier and more effective to tell him that he was Battler right off the bat? The flashbacks imply that several years passed since he actually started to remember, and that's the whole problem I think.
If he never had the time to create a new identity for himself, he wouldn't have felt like his mind was splitting in two.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2012-08-27 at 10:48.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote