View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 23:08   Link #471
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Bumping this thread with a question! (Though I'm not sure this is the best thread to ask, but whatever!)

Would you guys consider this anime a must watch for someone who played (and loved) the VN? 'cause I finished the VN a couple weeks ago and decided to watch the TV adaptation shortly after... but now, a mere 5 episodes in, I wonder if it was really such a good idea.

My first impressions of the anime is that it's a really poor adaptation, so I'm left wondering if I should put in the time and effort to watch more episodes in the hopes that it'll improve, or cut the evil at the root and drop it.

I'll admit that Komari's route was one of my least favorites in the VN (Kud's being the one I disliked the most), but the anime version was... pretty bad. Pacing issues, lack of impact, you name it. And while I can appreciate the effort of using the VN's music, most of the times they feel misplaced, or downright unnoticeable.

Maybe I'm just being picky 'cause the VN's still fresh in my mind. But I was hoping that the folks here could tell me if this adaptation is worth the time to watch or not. Just in case it's one of those shows that starts (very) bad and slowly gets better.
The anime adaption is decent. Some parts are improved on while others laked the emotional impact the source gave. Overall I recommend fans watch it. It isn't horrible and it isn't outstanding, it is decent. They improved on some parts of Kud's route, Miyuki gets better screen time and later episodes are done well. You can see overall impressions thread to see the scores, gives you a general idea on how others rated it.