View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 10:23   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, it is the simple fact that many villains in the series, especially the big ones, get some form of redemption. Nagato, Gaara, undoubtedly Sasuke, Kabuto and Sasori to an extent (theirs was mostly sympathy or at least pity), and especially Itachi. We have been literally conditioned to expect some form of redemptive outcome.
I totally disagree with the 2 i put in bold which you basically said but still why even include them? (although i'd probably add haku and possibly zabuza). just because we saw kabuto and sasori's backstories doesn't mean that it was a redemptive outcome. just because there was a reason behind a villain's actions whether it's an identity crisis like kabuto or losing his parents like sasori, it's not any form of redemption. telling sakura about the spy was just a whimsical statement that was ultimately a shot at orochimaru who was sasori's enemy. that's not redemption. and i'm not really sure what to say about edo-sasori since that was just a bad storyline all together. we've also seen deidara, hidan, kakuzu, kisame and danzo die as villains, flashbacks into their earlier lives or not, they weren't redeemed. it's kind of a wash with villains being redeemed or not.

i highly doubt orochimaru will ever be redeemed. sasuke, yes of course. madara no. but obito is still an enigma as far as i can see. which is what still makes him interesting to me. i agree that there is a little to be desired from the explanations of tobi being obito, but i like the story and obito so far. i'm not down on it hardly at all, not nearly like the last few posters on this thread at least. i'm excited to see what happened behind rin's death and i want to see which course of action obito will take once all is out in the open. personally i'd like to see obito get even more evil (or the same as he has been i guess) but i can see it going either way at this point. i do think he'll turn on madara which would be a semi-good act though. since obito and madara are so over-powered, their downfall will probably be not working together and not trusting each other.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote