View Single Post
Old 2007-12-05, 23:29   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
If you think I downrated it because of another show I watched, you're wrong. I do not want to be reminded of school days, but that's not the reason I downrated it.

You want my full list of reasons?
1. Violence in a romance is a bad thing
2. Black Blood is weird
3. The violence was random with no build up
4. If you're going to show violence, show it!
5. When did that woman even pick up a knife?

I don't see why I cannot downrate an episode when I didn't like it. Some things just ruin episodes or series to me. That was one of them. School Days was on pace for a 9 overall when they aired the last episode, which knocked it down to a 6. It killed the series for me.
This killed the episode.
Actually, you are incorrect in thinking that I said I thought you downrated it because of SD. I said I thought you downrated it because of the black blood, which you yourself just specifically said is one of the reasons. I'm sorry you don't like it when animators use different colors for blood to do what they think will help avoid real people being killed in real life by loony otakus who take their anime way too seriously.

On the side, a few other glaringly odd things in there I see: Point 1, in large quantities yes, but in small portions such as this case, how so? And even if that were true, the show isn't about violence in the first place, it was to set up drama. Point 3, isn't that what happens when people go into a psychotic episode? Point 4, why do they have to? Point 5, what happened to the knife that Shuri was using to peel the apples? It's not like the kids tossed it out the window when they were done with it.

You're free to not like what you don't like, but don't make it out to be a sacrilege.