Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-05, 13:11   Link #13457
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Tbh, I actually think both halves of Moka are her real self, just two different split aspects of the real her, otherwise don't you think I.Moka would be more resentful and less accepting of O.Moka? You really think she'd be happy about being overridden by a fake?

If O.Moka and Moka's mum look almost identical, I'd say it adds further fuel to the fire on the debate, on the side that O.Moka is actually just the less vampiric side of Moka's whole nature, whereas I.Moka is (or at least was, seeing as she seems to be becoming more like O.Moka slowly) the more vampiric side of her nature. With an upbringing that favoured strength and power as the only way to gain respect from her family (as seen in memories of Kokoa's childhood), it'd be quite easy for Moka to become hardened/more predatory due to her upbringing, even if the more human, compassionate side of her personality still existed, but was repressed or hidden because that was the only way to win acceptance.

This could also be paralleled with Tsukune nowadays, his eyes are much like O.Moka's when hes in 'everyday mode', when he kicks in to vampire hybrid mode suddenly his eyes go catlike, just like I.Moka's. Tsukune's hair also goes silver in this mode, so its possibly just a more vampiric trait rather than related to Moka's dad (who Im guessing is who everyone is refering to as Daddy Starbucks...guessing thats an american reference ).

Its likely if Moka's two personalities re-merge into a True Moka, she may retain appearance aspects of both, same with Tsukune when he learns to control his vampiric nature or hits a certain level of power.
(Cat eyes or vampiric fangs would certainly make him a little more accepted in the Youkai world haha, and he can wear contact lenses to hide it in the human world!)
Well I definitely agree with what you Tyranuus said about Inner and Outer Moka ... you're right it seems that if Outer Moka wasn't a part off Moka's "true" personality then she wouldn't be so fond of her ... though it seems that due to Tsukune's presence the barrier's between the two personalities of Moka seems to be less seen - like you said Tyrannuus Inner Moka starts to act more like Outer Moka recently, which isn't a completely bad thing.

Well about Tsukune and the changes he experiences after he goes into his vampire blood ... well I agree with what you said tyranuus, I think that the reason why Tsukune and Moka is related to the fact that Moka seems to be a little different compared to her other siblings. I mean it was basically said by Khaula that among her siblings ... Moka is considered a special pedigree, which could be the reason why she, and Tsukune - since he has Moka's vampire blood inside him, experience such drastic changes when they tap into their vampire power's.

Spoiler for Chapter 29:

Well about how the merged Moka and Tsukune ,after he learns how to control his power's will look like ... I think it's best to wait and see ... though personally I think they will look similar to how they look in their vampire form's.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote