View Single Post
Old 2011-06-15, 07:54   Link #49
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I started watching anime back in Junior High School, back when dragon ball z was on toonami and I finally got cable. Although I did not call it anime at the time nor did I know what Anime. One Night I stayed up to watch Adult swim then I finally got hooked to Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist. at the time i wasn't allowed to stay up late so i started searching online for episodes. then somehow learned about the culture and I got really hooked. It was around the same time Cable internet came out, and I was downloading anime by the gigabytes, and watching nonstop. Anime was something special too me, because it made me think critically sometimes, made question my religion, my existence, sometimes made me hate mankind, sometimes made me feel empty inside. At some point during the naruto filler hell, I stumbled upon this forum looking for an explanation and have been stuck here since. I was happy to know there are other people that shared my interest in Anime and the Japanese language. Although I never posted often, either because i was afraid of sounding stupid when i realized there are extremely smart people in these forums, and they right very articulately. or everything I've ever wanted to say has already been said by someone. but i always loved reading discussions

It's not until recently that I've slowed down on Anime. I think the main reason i Slowed Down is because anime was becoming more mainstream. first I get really pissed off when an anime i thought was pretty cool, comes to america and 4kids humiliates it. then I somehow did not like it when the "cool" people started watching anime. either way stopped watching anime for a while, and it was After seeing this AMV that i was inspired to watch again. Although I'm not a huge fan of the newer anime. A lot of them just look "shiny" but that is all they got going for them.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote