Thread: Fire Emblem
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-12, 06:38   Link #8
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Yggdra was seriously lacking and SRT has always been good but FE is a pure classic and continues to re innovate the series with each new game, unlike SRT...
You are joking aren't you? The last two FE's were jokes in difficulty, strategy and 'innovation.' The new FE's are by far the most conservative and simple of the S-RPG's.

FE8 did nothing more than copy FEG except making it more broken in the process and made the game a complete joke in difficulty. It was too short as well, obviously a filler game made to compensate for FE9's delay.

FE9 added shoving which was just badly implemented to say the least and the skill system was nothing more than nerfed revamp of FE5's system. FE9 on a whole just felt rushed, graphically, gameplay wise and storywise. Money may as well have not existed since you got such a ridiculous ammount and 'custom' weapons were useless. I'm also annoyed in general they felt the need to remove an entire mode of FE9 from the localization, the one I played the most. Oh yes and FE9 has the worst replayability of any of the FE's to date.

Thracia 776 still easily holds the title as the best FE game as far I'm concerned. It got everything right, well difficulty was a little extreme but there was an easy mode as optional. FE's 'innovation' died once Shouzo Kaga left IS after Thracia 776. If you an actual good example of how FE should be done go play Berwick Saga.

SRT has been innovating leaps and bounds more than FE in graphics and gameplay with the last few games. OGs alone looks to be a massive testament to that.

Yggdra Union brought a hell lot more 'new' to S-RPG's in general with its style of gameplay and the story was alot more intense.

FE is a good game in its own right but to hail it as the king of S-RPG's and completely disregard SRT or the others is like saying FF is the greatest RPG series ever.

Last edited by Sety; 2007-01-12 at 06:53.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote