View Single Post
Old 2013-08-26, 14:05   Link #32940
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
Turning the board around on the assumption that the moves made are by Genji's design doesn't reveal any character significance. He may look suspicious at points, but in the broader scope, any influence he may have had did nothing to serve him. His role is parallel to his alter ego Ronove, he has no stake, so he simply observes the dynamic with his dignity.

So, yeah, that's what I know I'm arguing against.
Does it not bother you even a little bit that he appears to gain nothing from it and his actions in general tend to be inconsistent with his vague characterization? Is he a man of dignity and honor or is he an accomplice to a murderer he (accidentally or otherwise) created? Does he care more for Yasu's safety or for Kinzo's broken heart? For Kinzo's legacy or for covering up his death? Why is he such a void of characterization, is that to be taken to mean that Yasu (as in-universe author) didn't know much about him on a more fundamental level?

Note that any scheme he may have had may have been immaterial to events as they actually played out.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote