View Single Post
Old 2010-08-25, 21:56   Link #1283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
1. Well, I'd assume she'd keep redirecting the cage of electricity. As far as I know, Accelerator has to basically touch something in order to redirect it. So he could keep moving, but he's not faster than electricity.
He might not be faster than electricity, but he just needs to be faster than Mikoto.

Anyway the oxygen trick was tried by an Imouto, Accelerator countered by sticking close to her.

Quote:
2. His skin still has to to clot, and it will still cause pain.
But yeah, it won't stop pain, but it's not game winning either.

Quote:
4. Hmm, I never heard about a landmine incident, although I admit I only watched the anime. But it would be pretty cheap if his power essentially makes him "immune to harm."
The incident was from the railgun manga.

Yeah that's pretty much why he's considered the strongest.

Quote:
One thing that also bothered me is the fact that, if his defenses are so passive and automatically redirect things, how could he be shot in the head? The anime said he didn't have time to calculate whatever was necessary to redirect the bullet, but it's also indicated that it works automatically in a passive manner, too. Which is it? The bullet shows that he does have limits, and if you can distract him with enough vector calculations, you can get something through.
Passively or rather subconsciously, he would redirect anything harmful to his body. But he can also actively use it to control various things. All of which requires his brain to calculate the value of the vectors.

But you are right, as you could see from the anime, you can overload him with and insane amount of calculation that he cannot use his powers.

Aside from that and Imagine Breaker, there are some other insane methods use to defeat his Redirection powers. I'm assuming you don't follow the spoilers so I'll leave it as that.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-08-25 at 22:21.