View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 14:39   Link #52
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A given - Mayo Suzukaze-done must be back as Himura. No reason to think she won't, but she damn well better be. I'm quite happy with all the surviving originals for the rest of the core cast - Kaoru, Yahiko, Sano, etc. - though it's been so long that I'm sure we'll see some changes. Any thoughts for Enishi?

My hope for this would be a "Brotherhood" type of deal - a condensed retelling of the first two seasons, with a full adaptation of the Jinchu Arc. I think it's unlikely we'd see only the Jinchu animated at this point - though Inuyasha went that route, they hadn't been gone nearly as long. I sincerely hope whatever route they take, Jinchu gets two cours - it needs 26 episodes to be done right.
I forgot about Enishi. Man I hope they get someone else to voice him, Nozomu Sasaki was terrible as him in that (equally bad) OVA. But seeing as he was recast for the PSP game too, they probably won't. *sigh*

And no thanks to any "condensed retelling". If it's gonna tell a story half-assedly, then it's better not to tell it at all.

As for the comparison to Inuyasha not being enough, how about an even older fighting shounen, Saint Seiya, which got 31 OVA episodes released thirteen years after the original series ended. I guess the series might be more popular than Kenshin, but it should still be feasible for the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
Aniplex is production, distribution company of Rurouni Kenshin anime. They also are one of copyright owners together with Fuji TV and Shueisha. So they will definitely be involved. Rurouni Kenshins 15th Anniversary website is lunched by them.

Also Tokyo Mx started rebroadcasting Rurouni Kenshin Tv anime on April 7 so I doubt that this will be complete remake.
Oh, wasn't aware of that. Pretty interesting, that definitely increases the chance of it being Jinchu rather than a full reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I believe it was HD but I wouldn't swear to it. It was 1 AM and I was pretty geeked on adrenaline and Pocari Sweat.

I wonder if this will provide incentive for Watsuki-sama to finally write the manga he originally planned - the tale of Yahiko, Tsubame and their son?
I'd rather see a Rurouni Sojiro tbqh. Or maybe a series of the younger generation in general, with Yahiko, Sojiro, Kenji and Yutaro.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote