View Single Post
Old 2007-05-13, 00:55   Link #336
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Enjoyed the style difference of the character chat. I tagged it as a bit of a reminder that the series is NOT "all about the funny" ...
It's not? Oh, hell...

Quote:
The next episode will be more summer break focused it appears and may even include the brief beach sequence from the comic (mostly Nanako and Yui chatting with runthroughs from the other girls).
I'm thinking I might want to find scans of those strips.

Quote:
On the other hand, Minoru is just a naturally very funny guy --- they should give him more one-liners in the main content.
Much love for Minoru. Hey, since he's the only major male character... Doesn't that make Lucky Star a harem type of show?

Akira is starting to wear thin, though. It really is the same thing over and over. Not like their repeating the bit for the sake of repitition, but it's like the writers just can't think of anything else for her to do.

Comparing just eps 4 & 5, the times are:
OP - 01:40 01:40
EC - 11:32 11:06
LC - 19:12 18:30
ED - 22:03 21:34
PV - 22:34 23:04

So LC started only 30 seconds sooner, but was only 13 seconds longer. The ED was a full 60 seconds longer, though they cut 32 seconds off of the preview.

Not much of a conspiracy. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The whole point is that its the same exact sequence every time with different dialogue and its the dialogue that makes it funny.
...yaddayaddayadda...
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Y'know, they've got medication for obsessive-compulsive disorder now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I like LC, in the guilty pleasure way. Like how my friends likes Terence & Philip.
Likes it because it's a sarcastic exaggeration of the scatalogical tendencies of American children's programming... Or do they actually think it's funny?

If it's the later, well....