View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 07:41   Link #6316
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I prefer to be called yan dao ("handsome", in Hokkien).

Yes, flattery will get you everywhere.
That is why I have an address system when I work at service lines :

-Da-jie (big sis) for any female older than me, (30+)
-Xiao-jie (young lady) for any female around my age (25+)
-Xiao-mei (little girl) for any female looking younger than me (16+), usually just to annoy then say "Well you look older than 18, but you don't look as though you have reached the voting age yet." Never fails to placate or get a dere reaction from them.
-Da ge (big brother) for males older than me, Uncle as a standard for the greying (they seem to like it because it signifies a personal respect for the elders I think)
-Sir or Xian-Sheng (Mister) for every other male around my age.

Yan dao is specifically reserved for those who want to pick an argument and make my work difficult.

Actually being called "kor-kor" makes my skin crawl, but having girls younger than me call me that make me want to help them out in any way I can.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote