View Single Post
Old 2007-11-12, 23:13   Link #619
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not quite. Compared to Japanese standards, the pay to their Korean, and especially their Chinese sub-contractors? Very pathetic in comparison.

And when reading the credits at the end of every episode, it screams discrimination every time.

- Tak
I am not really sure, but I guess the pay depends on how many panels submitted by the animators themselves that are in no way retouched by the sakkan that they actually get paid for it. >.<;; Or maybe since the subcontractors dollars > yen, they shy away from Japanese productions. Anyway, the thread in the link is in some way confusing, maybe I have it all backwards. I will try reading through it again. So I do apologize if that was ever the case.

I have enjoyed the Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy. They're pretty cool cartoons who do make good satire of the current American political, entertainment and normal situations that are in some way disturbing but informative at the same time. I am pretty sure the Simpsons didn't get to live that long just for the same formulaic cartoon episode every single day of their many many seasons of airtime.

@ 4Tran

LOL, it is really ironic if that is the case. In the Philippines, if people liked/loved the show, producers sometimes extend the series using the budget they got from the show itself, which is in some bad or good, depending on what aspect of the story they are willing to "enhance". Or sometimes make spinoff series. For the Filipinos of this thread, they could probably see the "Encantadia" VS "Etheria" and the "Ikalawang Aklat" to "Umpteenth Aklat" syndrome used by one local TV channel here. But I find it curious on occasion why Bandai still keeps on releasing a lot of figures or other merchandise from that show, unless they are also using the budget from the popularity of that show to fund other projects as well. But according to this logic, given the popularity of the first SEED, Destiny should be the direct beneficiary of its success and so should have cooler animation or whatever, but people knew what happened to it.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote