View Single Post
Old 2011-03-12, 12:33   Link #104
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I think that having a rash personality like Sayaka or Kyoko's goes a long way into becoming a Puella Magi.

However, Madoka's personality has less importance than other girls due to Homura's influence. Even if Madoka were emotionally cracked and constantly trying to contract with Kyubey, Homura would not allow Madoka to do so. I will say that the current Madoka needs tragic events as motivation in order to willingly contract with Kyubey. Events such as Sayaka turning into a witch and Homura losing to Walpurgi's Night. If nothing egregiously terrible happens, Madoka is unlikely to accept the contract.

Of interest is the wish the fourth Madoka made when she became a Puella Magi. The viewers do not see Madoka after she makes the contract, which leads me to question where she has gone. Considering Madoka killed Walpurgi's Night in one shot, I do not think she died or immediately turned into a witch (assuming Walpurgi's Night drops a Grief Seed). All the viewers see is Homura and Kyubey talking - I would think Madoka would stay with Homura. Where did the fourth Madoka go, and does it have any effect on the current timeline?

The most direct explanation I can see is that the fourth Madoka wished to become the most powerful Puella Magi ever. That would explain why the fourth Madoka was able to easily defeat Walpurgi's Night, while the other Madokas failed horribly because they wished for cake.

I hesitate to speculate about other wishes. We know very little about the fourth timeline - Mami, Kyoko, Sayaka are all noticeably absent from our view. It may be assumed that they were all Puella Magi and died in front of Madoka's eyes, as they were not present during the battle against Walpurgi's Night. However, it could very well be that Homura killed them instead and dealt with the witches herself. We do not even know if the fourth Madoka knew that Homura was a time-traveller. All we are shown is Madoka concerned about Homura's safety - logically, Madoka's concern would translate into a wish to become the most powerful Puella Magi.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote