View Single Post
Old 2004-03-04, 00:49   Link #25
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
It came off a bit flashy for my tastes. But it's not nearly as over the top as the karaeoke effects everone is using these days :>
All in all, it was pretty well done. I liked it.

By the way, in case you weren't aware, that same prologue story was printed in the liner notes of ADV's release of Kino volume 1. It's obvious you did you did your own translation though.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more chapters. But as much as I love Kino, Yukikaze is still at the top of my novel translation want list
Ah @_@ I own the first dvd too and I didn't realize. Heh! Crazy :P I just read ADV's version, and I can see how HIGHLY edited it is. They also moved some things around (I guess so Americans could read it better?) but my version and ADV's are quite similar. Looks like they did as good job as I, Though, from what I understand, ADV doesn't have the rights to the novel so I will be continuing. Almost done with chapter 1 so stay tuned ^^

As for Yukikaze... are the novels any better? I haven't seen the animation, but I've only heard bad from it (with the exception of its CG).
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote