View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 00:10   Link #41
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Sunrise is a funny studio. IMO, if you conveniently ignore the way they've dragged Gundam through the dirt over the last few years (and a few times even before that), they actually have a hell of a track record. It's just a pity that some of their worst titles have turned out to be the most popular ones, since they seem to have no qualms about milking a cash cow for all it's worth.
Well, Sunrise is a BIG studio. As such, they always work on many projects, so it's natural that some of them turn out bad. This is true for any studio by the way, but is less apparent for smaller studios because...smaller studios create fewer shows and as a result - fewer bad shows. Besides, the Gundam franchise is pretty much legendary - it's like Star Wars and the James Bond movies. I don't see why they should stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As well as Kekkaishi Sunrise have also done s-CRY-ed, Inuyasha, Gintama & Yakitate!! Japan and I'm hoping like hell they pick up Mx0 sometime next year. Than you have stuff like Cowboy Bebop, City Hunter, Infinite Ryvuis and Planetes... yes Sunrise are mecha focused but take away every mecha title they have done and they are still a top studio. It's a pity one of their biggest fans here acts like Sunrise is a Rie Kugimiya who can only do tsundere roles
Thank you! I was just too lazy to come up with examples, but yeah - they take part in a large variety of shows, not just mecha.