View Single Post
Old 2009-08-14, 19:22   Link #5
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Yeah but somethin I just noticed after trying to explain a certain friend the reason jessiKanon is canon and not just one-sided...I tried and tried but in the end she was still able to say that Kanon likes Jessi is just my wishful shipping thinking. And while watching the anime I felt a bit...well..it does seem rather one sided or?
Back in the VN I could tell the main reason that he rejected her was because he was furniture () but the anime made it seem one-sided, yeah.

Quote:
But as "furniture" no one can hurt him
Furniture have SUPER POWERS and can shoot lazars out of their mouths. 8D *shot*

Quote:
About that furniture thing. I still think that he is just saying that to protect himself. He is basically a scared child trying do not let anyone close that's the reason that he is so obsessed. Not because he really thinks so, but because he doesn't want anyone close who could hurt him. You must consider that he is an orphan, the person who he could seem to relate to (Shannon) left when both where 6 year old, we don't know what happened before he became an orphan, it's only natural that he is scared of being hurt. But as "furniture" no one can hurt him, cause no one is close to him and as "furniture" he doesn't have to think about his past, present or future, nor about himself. Everything is easy and in peace. there is no risk of being hurt. For me he is basically the emotional wise most fragile of the cast ('cept Maria she is a special case)

And yes I'm trying to pull of a good discussion
Yeah, I've sorta thought that way too ever since our "source of the emo" conversation on the episode 6 thread.

Not only is Kanon an orphan, but the only person he really feels okay getting close too is Shannon, who left when he was only six, and he was alone for so long knowing that he'd have to work as a butler for his entire life. I don't think seeing Shannon get pushed around when she made a mistake helped either.

As I mentioned on said thread, I kinda like to think the people at the orphanage weren't very nice, and made sure he knew he was furniture. He became obsessed with being furniture because furniture is an inanimate object that has no feelings, or relationships, or any real purpose besides being sat on and, eventually, being thrown away. He just doesn't care; he'll live his life, die, and hope to do better the next time.

His aggressive-ness probably comes from this, as he's got no way to vent his emotions.

He's kinda reminding me of Yuki from Haruhi Suzumiya, who
Spoiler for TMoHS novel 4:

...Wow, we talk about Kanon more than Battler