View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 14:04   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Even though this isn't a technically perfect episode, I rated it 10/10. I do that because it captured that good 'ol Key magic as well as anything else I've seen in Little Busters yet. It's just so stupendously sweet and charming that it makes my more analytical side not care much about the flaws and contrivances.

For example, I consider it a flaw how serious antagonists in Little Busters have this tendency to be nameless, faceless, brutally child-abusing monsters that are like the epitome of almost inexplicable evil... but I guess they do serve their roles well. At some level, I think they're meant to represent the destructive chaos out there in the world and how it can severely harm people. Haruka/Kanata vs. their adopted family and now Kud vs. this rebel uprising isn't really "Man vs. Man". It's more "Man vs. Nature" in an odd sort of way. I think it's meant to show how hope, love, faith, and friendship are all helpful, if not integral, in overcoming the natural challenges we face in life.

The episode was certainly heartwarming, helped greatly by good direction, good face shots, excellent seiyu work, and gorgeously lovely BGM.