View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 14:28   Link #73
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
What I find annoying about ベルバルザード is his initial Support Skill, because it really boosts his damage output. Taking that away from him increases survivability, but he can still summon his Shinjuu, which is why I went with Nozomu, Thalia and Ruptna on my first go.

Oh yeah, I forgot to warn you that you fight him in a town later on.
To add on to Selkirk's earlier comment about not needing to get SS ranks all the time, there's another way to easily beat that boss in chapter 3 without Nozomu's aura shield 2, which I haven't tested but am pretty sure would work.

If you hit him with a material-heavy attack, he'll retaliate with his force damage attack, and vice-versa, so what you do is have a party made up of Ruputna, Thalia, and Jaetzia. Have Thalia as support in the first round to cancel his start support skill, then keep her there until he's about to summon his shinjuu, then move Ruputna to support for one turn, then put Thalia back, which is how you beat him with Ruputna, Nozomu, and Thalia.

If you don't have Nozomu's aura shield 2, you do the same but keep switching Ruputna/Thalia and Jaetzia back and forth in attack and defender roles. If you keep the timing, you'll absorb most or all of his return damage, do full damage on him, and be able to vanish all of his support skills.