View Single Post
Old 2010-07-20, 11:47   Link #2226
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I suppose one option would be a 'HF Good' end, where Saber is somehow saved (and contracted to Sakura) and Ilya managed to somehow save Shirou and Archer without dying herself (because Sakura could contract Rider and Saber, and Rin could contract Archer), but that would not be popular amongst the fandom (especially in Japan) because it would imply Shirou x Sakura was 'more' canon, and a lot of fans would not like it one bit (incidentally, it seems like Nasu is a closet Sakura x Shirou shipper, but he keeps it quiet because of how unpopular Sakura is in Japan).
Nasu is a fan of them? That's good trivia. Why isn't Sakura popular in Japan? The whole not being a virgin thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
An easier way for everyone to live seems to be just following UBW-Good, and having it so Ilya remained the grail rather than Shinji being forced to become it. Doesn't directly solve the Sakura/Zouken problem, but wouldn't be too hard to use that as part of the sequel's story.

Keeping the Servants other than Saber around would be tough, but just use the Sakura/Zouken situation to create a new grail. It's not like the grail was unique from my understanding, so they could theoretically create another one given enough time and knowledge. I'd assume Zouken would have that knowledge. They could also attempt to deal with Ilya and find a way to keep her around.
I think that would be the best way to do it. However the romance is what would prevent it from happening. Dark Sakura would probably kill Shirou and Rin if they were officially together and everything. She was so overpowered, lol.

But there is no way of doing a solid sequel, that's why they came up with HA's wacky story and everything. The only way they could do a sequel is to sequel each route's endings, which would prove most difficult.