View Single Post
Old 2013-07-25, 05:14   Link #56
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
-snip-
Thanks so much for all the commentary. I know how long these things take to write.

On Kuroneko: I feel like I overdid it in this drawing with all the colors and use of soft brushes. Too much and it would start to look like those OEL-manga style drawings.
The skin color/bang was something I've been trying doing for a while but could never get it to appear more noticeable. I find it works better when the hair color is a cool color.
On the cat-ears: Yeah I don't know what I was thinking using a ruler for that instead of just drawing it freely. The tail was also surprisingly difficult to get right.

On Gou: Mmm...as someone who got into this business drawing girls from K-On!, its challenging for me to draw women/girls with mature bodies. This is probably the most anatomically stuffed-up thing I've drawn in a while.
I...don't know what the decoration stuff actually is. I haven't even been looking at that much Redjuice stuff recently!

On Kotori/Honoka: I wanted to show that Kotori was stiff with those lines. I probably should've flipped through some manga first.

Thanks for looking through and commenting on everything! I'm very grateful. Also the promise to color something of yours still stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
That Kotori and Honoka image is really well done .

While I like the one kuroneko too, the cat ears do feel a bit too pointy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I agree with Konakaga. The Kotori and Honoka one is just adorable.
Thanks you guys for visiting this thread, and for the complements! (Will take note of the cat-ears) In retrospect I really loved that scene with Kotori and Honoka at the airport in the final episode. Sure it was the cheesiest thing ever, and I was thinking after the episode, "I wonder how much that plane ticket cost...", but I still had this huge grin on my face watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
-snip-
I really enjoyed drawing the Kotori/Honoka picture. Girls being together is a wonderful thing. Really looking forward to the second season of Love Live!

On Kuroneko, yeah cat-ears aside, her chin seems to be a bit pointy upon reinspection. Will take note.

Regarding Gou, the character that came to mind for me while drawing this was Nanami from Sakurasou. I definitely need more practice with mature looking bodies. Gou's pupils are also smaller than what I'm used to.

Thank you very much for the comments and the high scores! These are some "masterpiece anime like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Baccano"-tier numbers you're giving out here.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote