View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 22:33   Link #221
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Ryoko really has no shame, has she? Standing there completely naked in front of poor Izumida-kun. At least her cards are on the table with the cookbook and champagne. I'm glad to see he's holding his own, though.
Kujoe mentionned it but I'll second what he said, I suspect it's mostly an aspect of her relationship with Izumida. She simply trusts him more than anyone else on the planet. Now having said that I'm quite certain Ryoko wouldn't mind Izumida stealing a glance, at all.

It was funny to see Ryoko freak out about that cookbook. "But why would they have a book in japaneese?" "DON'T SWEAT THE DETAILS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll just point out for the sake of grammatical correctness that "mon ami" is the masculine version of "my friend;" it should have been "ma amie" but that doesn't sound so Japanese does it?
In fact it's "mon amie". You can't put "Ma" in front of a word beginning with a vowel. It's still an impressive catch though.

I must take a moment to comment the written french in this show. It's actually excellent, not engrish-y at all! I wonder if the novel's original author studied the language.

The SPOKEN french is mostly pure pain though.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote