View Single Post
Old 2010-10-23, 00:03   Link #2310
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

So I started reading the manga after putting it off for so long... (HOLY CRAP! A hundred and how many chapters?!?!)

The positive reviews from the anime finally motivated me enough to start reading it around midnight. "I'll just cover the first two heroines like the anime did," or so I said.

Ayumi's arc was sweet and really got me going. Mio... was kinda of a miss for me, but that's mainly because her archetype is one of my least favourites in a story. I took a peek at Kanon's story just to see what the general outline was and when Keima ignored Kanon on the rooftop, my initial impression was that Kanon would overcompensate and act all attention grabbing, and sweet, and "girly" just to get his attention; because the arcs have all been run of the mill right? Typical tropes and all that.

Then she tazered him.

A. F**KING. SOLD.

Till then, my attention span had been on cruise mode. Now it was on overdrive. By the time I realised it, I had finished reading all the chapters, and it was noon. Thank goodness it's my off-day.

That said, I was kinda gutted by the latest developments, and really hope Kanon doesn't exit stage right in a casket. Looking forward to the future developments.

Cheers.