View Single Post
Old 2008-12-01, 18:54   Link #70
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
His spine consists mostly from the scenes like thsi

Taiga: hey, dog, make me a dinner
Ryuuji: I won't! I am not your slave! (says he while starting to make the dinner).

Lets face it - his 'talking back' and 'lectures' towards Taiga make him look even more pathetic as simply Taiga completely ignores that and he still does whatever he is told. He is actually better, more obedient dog than Saito who though still let Louise ride on his back, but whenever he opposed he really meant it at least.
I don't see that as pathetic, more just a level of banter they've built up with each other. He's gonna make the dinner anyway, it's established that he's more then willing to cook for her even without prompting, and hell, he enjoys cooking. I think Taiga is still getting over the idea of someone being that selfless towards her. Minori might be her best friend, but I doubt they spend that much time together outside of school due to Minori's multiple jobs. Then along comes this bloke who wholeheartedly accepts her into his family (in a fashion). She's insecure, doesn't quite know how to deal with it, and puts on this dog/master act. Ryujii's tactful enough not to press the issue too hard, but doesn't pass up the opportunity to give some back. People don't change overnight, and Ryujii doesn't seem to be in a rush to reform her.

Now what is pathetic is his reaction to Ami's shower trick. Crying to Taiga? Dude, grow a pair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If they wanted to be particularly tragic, the author would have Taiga falling head-over-heels for him, but him rejecting her because he remembers he was targeting Minorin. Aieee, that'd be messy.
We'll get a Nice Boat out of Toradora yet!