View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 09:15   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
in my country people complain when there are fellow country men who were born or are part foreign blooded talking in their native tongue. the reason is simple for this though, in my town there is a neighborhood where hardly anyone speaks dutch, only the new generation does this with all those people talking in their own native tongue and not bothering to learn a word of this country's language how can we establish proper communications? That neighborhood has had a huge bad rep because of misunderstandings or with kids thinking it is fun to laugh at people and to insult in their own native tongue, that is what they did in high school a lot the kids would gossip about people in their own tongue while the other person was sitting next to them o.o; sorry but in those cases I would surely say speak whatever language your country should speak.

As for tourists, uugh I can understand the hate. whenever I'm on holiday I try and respect their own language etc. (I even start bowing to people I don't know why lol probably to be polite) however as a European to visit an Asian country and then to not have English folk around, it isn't any reason to start complaining but understand that Asian language classes are not a regular at our schools, we have German/French and English classes and to suddenly pick up an Asian language won't work that or people would be complaining that tourists use your language in an insulting way cause they can't speak it properly. I've been to Paris several times and yes it can be frustrating when other people refuse to speak English, my French is average but there are things I easily forget so I'd rather ask things in English but then the French folk start talking in speedy French which makes it nearly impossible to understand

tourists here aren't THAT bad, they speak English fine I speak English back, they speak German I respond in German. I won't go complaining if a Chinese tourist asks me in bad English where he can find this or that, I wouldn't find it insulting or anything I just help him like anyone else and would expect such behavior in return if I were ever to visit his country. I think that if people start being polite to another they can expect that behavior in return
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote