View Single Post
Old 2011-12-11, 11:01   Link #42
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I just hope there won't be limited resources. I like turtling, building an impregnable base and telling others to come and get me, but starcraft style limited resources make turtling impossible.
Having maps like that is fine. It's just the whole concept of a game based on 1-base that's kind of not so appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Bioware being put in charge of the developers for this has me scratching my head. I can only see the gameplay turn out like this:

http://i.imgur.com/aJVUT.png
Sad but true. Bioware's dialog system is a lot of the time extremely redundant in that it just gives you a shitton of options you could have just better gotten as one continous dialog between characters, or *gasp* a proper cutcene. It's like their dialog system is an excuse to create cheap fragmented dialog and avoid proper cutcenes. It was innovative the first time, but it gets reddundant and annoying as it goes on. The trinary nature of the options is also annoying, it would be much better to get less often, and instead get a whole bunch of them when it matters. And in bioware games the options you pick hardly matter, so it's more like a chore.

eg.
"Make your super improtant choice:"
"A. Save Civilians & get brownie points (help-chopper crashes and they die anyway)"
"B. Save Natzis & darkside cookies (help-chopper crashes and they die anyway)"
"C. Save Nobody (they all die)"
"Your decition will influence future events"
But I'm sure that's what we'll get so better just enjoy it for what it is.

Well, I have faith in their easthetics and graphics department at least. Let's hope their RTS knowhow doesn't come from the same twats that came up with C&C4 and the new RA ones.