View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 12:22   Link #969
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My basic point is that trying to make the government smaller than it is right now would mean the collapse of the social welfare system. If you're willing to go through that, and have some kind of plan to minimize the fallout, I would support a "smaller" government. But given that I have yet to see any short of concrete plan that does not bring about an even bigger gap between the high and low class (the same thing "progressives" complain about all the time), I don't see the alternative.
I think both of you want the same thing : a more EFFICIENT government. The size doesn't matter - it is the dedication of the people they employ does.

The lack of creativity, drive and adherence to bureaucracy for fear that their iron rice bowl be broken probably made government employees more passive than they actually are. Either that or incompetent superiors who deserve to be put through commando POW training everytime bureaucracy is used as an excuse for inaction.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.