View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 15:14   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I don't see why Luffy should not be able to beat Doflamingo one on one .
In fact we don't even know how strong Luffy really is since his fights have been push overs .
Smoker get his ass kick off panel and face was bloody but he got his ass kick by Law just few chapters ago .
Only with law we saw the fight and he knock out smoker instead of trying to kill him , it was also a short fight .
While Doflamingo beating the crap out of smoker is hype , after the beating he took this arc already it don't seem like that big of a deal even if he is a VA.

I don't expect kuzan to really fight him next chapter .
Law's victory over Smoker was more attributed to cleverness and strategy than outright overpowering him. The deciding factor in that fight was Law's heart steal move; other than that, they were pretty even (though I consider Law stronger overall). Doflamingo, on the other hand, completely exerted his dominance over Smoker. Yes, it was off-panel, but that doesn't matter. Oda made it a point to show that Doflamingo easily overwhelmed a VA of Smoker's caliber just by beating him mercilessly (Smoker's bloodied up face and helplessness attest to this).

In other words, birdman beat Smoker a lot more convincingly and decisively than Law did. That's the difference. Luffy and Law don't strike me as being THAT much stronger than Smoker.