View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 19:28   Link #38
Adventury
Rail Tracer

After re-reading my own post, I do realize that perhaps choosing the word 'stain' wasn't the best idea. After all I do/did enjoy watching the shows in question to some extent. I won't get into much detail since I do believe that the thread has already been derailed enough, but my point is that, regardless of their quality, both shows (a remake and a sequel) simply are the most obvious representation of BONES' progressively falling to more comercially inclined productions. I don't exactly have a problem with the concept of sequels per-se.

I enjoyed watching most of BONES' works so far and own almost all of them as well. I still believe they're one of the actual japanese animation studios whose work is at least consistently solid. But my point is that while I don't disagree with 7th and duckroll about Heroman and Soul Eater, I just think their complaints that could easily be leveled to some of their other shows by some people. But I still find perfectly understandable to feel some distaste and cepticism brewing from them.

About Star Driver itself: I guess having Enokido on board can't hurt and it'll be interesting to see how Ito does as Animation Director (when was the last time he occupied the spot? I have some vague memories of him being in charge of Eureka 7's 30 something episode) and Igarashi is always a solid choice for the Director spot. I am rather ambivalent to the concept but I'm cautiously optimistic that they can pull off a good show.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote