Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 13:57   Link #1634
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Am I the only one who feel disappointed that the anime team didn't work out to even try to extend the Bansei prefecture competition?? Could easily have made it 24 episodes.. I could understand jumping the 1st round since Saki pretty much skipped the first round as well..
1. Ritz doesn't want it = Anime doesn't do it.
2. Anime DID extend Bansei prefecture a lot.
3. Create the "original" mahjong game is x10 harder than original action scene in action/fantasy anime.

You know, you need to think a lot about how each player hands looks like at one time, tiles on a table, the score and all of them must related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
And am I the only one who freaking doesn't want Achiga to progress to the finals?
People usually say this because they find Senriyama have more screen time and better character. That's true BUT now Toki (who is the main screentime stealer) is out of Achiga way. Author can now have a good time building up Achiga characters for the rest of rounds.

Kuro had very few screentime in semi-final because she's already the person who readers/viewers know about the most before semi-final round (her playstyle, personality, past). With that, author decided to put her aside and built up Teru, Toki and Kirame during the round insted and just let Kuro do something epic at the end so it doesn't look too bad for her. And if Achiga can go to final, Kuro will have another chance to shine.

Moreover, author cannot let Kuro win a lot because Achiga score will go up very high. Don't forget that Kuro can make score exceed 200,000 easier than Teru if she win a lot. It is a plot reason why Kuro need to look weak..too bad for her.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-07-14 at 14:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote