View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 18:46   Link #1230
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Whitebeard didn't take out Blackbeard. Blackbeard and his crew ganged up on him and dealt the finishing blows. And after that happened, Blackbeard was wreaking havoc throughout the battlefield with minimal injuries.

It's not speculation. It's anecdotal evidence from this forum and other forums I've visited. Some people had asinine expectations where Whitebeard would destroy an admiral in a fight. That simply didn't happen. If anything, the admirals got the better of him during the war. He took down Akainu, but at the cost of a fatal blow. Not exactly the greatest way to prove your superiority over someone.
Whitebeard pretty much showed that he could have easily handled blackbeard. The fact that his insane injuries from fighting everyone prevented him from actually finishing off blackbeard doesn't change the fact that clearly Whitebeard was stronger of the two. Same for Akainu, he is lying there helpless as he slid off the platform. Whitebeard could have easily finished him off but he had other concerns of protecting his crew and making his last stand.

Off course we know Whitebeard does not in-fact finish them off but the evidence of these two final encounters with Akainu and Blackbeard clearly show he was superior, even in his injured, old and sick stage. I do agree that you probably have a better case with Aojiki and Kizaru, there is less evidence of Whitebeard's superiority (and one piece does have at least some indication of non-linearity in terms of power levels). However, I do think that Whitebeard was still injured and not directly fighting those two so it can be inferred that he could take them in a one to one from what he did to Akainu and Blackbeard.

An anecdotal evidence is a form of speculation and remember the plural of anecdotes is not data. My anecdote of my own personal experience is speculation enough to counter your anecdotal experience of the situation.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote