Thread: Kashimashi Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-01, 04:14   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
I was wondering, what do people feel Hazumu's gender is? I really got the sense that Hazumu was a girl trapped in a guy's body from the first episode/chapters.

My reasoning is that they go out of their way to show how girly Hazumu is, and since before the accident she thinks it is impossible to change her body, she wishes that she could change her mind. (To be more manly)

Also, this was mentioned in another thread, but Hazumu seems more complete as a girl, like her body finally matches how she felt inside.

Then again, we barely got to see male Hazumu, but I thought that this was what the author(s) were trying to convey.
My own interpretation is that Hazumu was destroyed by the ship impact. They were able to capture his memories and personality and a bit of DNA. From that they constructed an attractive girl with all of Hazumu's memories and personality. The personaltiy started evolving towards even more femininity under the new circumstances.

Memories make the person, so to speak. But yes, I also think he was somewhat androgynous to begin with (and his parents had wanted a girl anyway so that impacts his upbringing).