View Single Post
Old 2011-08-07, 21:45   Link #2256
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I suppose I never really had much interest in Precia in the first place, even though she was technically the Big Bad. Sure, she fulfilled her role as a loon who abuses her daughter just because she can, but the brunt of the conflict comes from Nanoha and Fate. Precia herself had about 0 depth anyways. That's not really a problem; you were supposed to hate her anyways.

The biggest reason why I feel this way, is that her exit doesn't require her to be defeated in either story. Where does the series climax? Nanoha vs Fate is where everything is at stake. When Precia died in the first season, I was like good riddance! There was really no urge to redeem her or whatever. [Also, note that Nanoha puts all that effort into saving Fate, but she doesn't give a shit that Precia's dead ]

Movie Precia... well, I guess yea, her actions are still not to be condoned and that's pretty much it. She's still a raving loon, and sure we see that she wasn't always like that. But that only makes sense; she's not crazy til she loses her daughter. But that's what the purpose of the antagonist is; you're not really supposed to feel bad for them-- though context is better regardless, just because we like to fill out our characters' background.

Though Alisa's role with Nanoha being reduced does reduce Nanoha's character motivation quite a bit. Everyone else, well... I never really missed them anyways, even Yuuno means nothing to me, so whatever.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews